- If production waste is directly recycled and returned into the production process, no problems will occur.
- Example: Producers of film, hollow bodies, injection moulding handler
- Used plastics typically contain contaminants such as stones or metal parts, which lead to immediate problems with the knives.
- In the worst-case scenario, the whole knife set could be damaged. This normally happens if the machine is not stopped immediately after the knife cracks.
- There is no one-fits-all solution. In some cases, the situation was improved with adjustments that added to the static rigidity at the cutting edge (e.g. attachment of bevels).