Black contamination on the face of the rolls
Grinding dust, or black contamination on the faces of the rolls is mainly transferred from the blade. It is usually caused by a combination of:
- Grinding dust (especially graphite in the bond creates dark grey dust)
- Lubrication process => because of the oil the dust sticks on the blade
- Metal particles => check the magnetism of the log saw blades
- Regular cleaning of the saw house
- Grinding wheels with less graphite content => TKM Group wheels do not have any graphite, the dust is light.
- A quality Lubrication system such as that provided by the TKM Group because it needs much less spray frequency and –time.
- Felt wipers can be installed on some machines that constantly wipe the surface of the blade clean.